Strathearn Building Bridges
Building a Brighter Future for All
Who we are and what we do
Bringing our community together through opportunity and friendships,
we are Strathearn Building Bridges providing a friendly supportive, FUN environment to people who have additional support needs in the Crieff area.
We build bridges between local organisations (charitable, commercial and social) and with those with learning and/or physical disabilities and their carers.
We provide a focus for community-based initiatives to support people with additional needs and their carers.
We encourage partners who provide services to deliver support that actively meets the needs of people with a learning disability.
We raise, or support the raising, of funds for local community-based initiatives for the benefit of people who have disabilities.
We listen to, and learn from our members and their families/carers. Our members determine the services which should be supported or developed by us.
Can you help make a difference to people's lives?
Do you want to give back to your community?
Could you become a Committee member/Trustee of Strathearn Building Bridges?
What we offer:
- a well-established, solvent local charity (SCIO - no financial liability)
- enthusiastic members who love the chance to meet their friends and develop their skills in a safe, supportive space
- parents and carers who value the respite and mutual support afforded by our activities
- volunteers who have called their experience with us "life-changing" and gone on to careers in medicine, teaching, social care and the third sector
- access to consultants from the sportscotland Changing Lives Direct Support Programme who are specifically linked to SBBI for mentoring and support
What we need:
- enthusiasm and commitment to our main purposes as stated in our Constitution:
- the relief of those in need by reason of disability who are resident in the Strathearn area of Perth and Kinross
- to provide a focus for community based initiatives to support people with learning and/or other disabilities and their carers, to enhance integration, to reduce isolation and to increase community awareness
- passion for our values:
- inclusion and opportunities for all
- friendly, caring and supportive
- mutual respect and learning
- willingness to share particular expertise in e.g. chairing meetings/administration/communications and marketing/IT/fundraising
- commitment to attend up to six meetings a year (online or face to face as required)
How to apply:
- for further information go to our SBBI Trustee Recruitment document on our Opportunities page
- to arrange an informal chat contact Gillian Charleson, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- deadline for applications is 15 November 2023, with a view to having new committee members in place for our AGM on 29 November 2023